Friday, January 10, 2014

Books on My Nightstand, 12/22/13

I have a fun idea for my blog, and I'm going to give it a try.  I have been sorting out exactly how to do this, so I'm a little behind, but intend to catch up.

Inspired by Nick Hornby's monthly reading column in The Believer magazine, I wondered how I could do something similar.  He tracks "books bought" and "books read" each month.  How about if I track the books on my nightstand each week?

In the photo on the right, you can see what books were on my nightstand on December 22.  Each Sunday or Monday, I'll take a photo of my TBR stack and post it here.  The intention is to watch it change throughout the year.  What books will move quickly?  What books will take their time?  When will the pile be modest and manageable?  Will there be some weeks (many weeks??) where the pile threatens to topple?

So, this stack looks fairly reasonable to me.  I wouldn't expect to get through all of them in a week, but I'd hope to see some movement and changes in the coming week.

To find out how I did with this stack, check out my next post.


No comments: