Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Books Read, Week of 2/3/14

I did it. I finished reading the whole Divergent series. Am I glad I did? Well, my curiosity is satisfied, and I can now discuss them with my friend who lent them to me as well as the teens I work with at the library and in our mother-daughter book club.

I finally finished The Perfect Storm, which I started last fall when Skye was reading it for school. I really liked it at first, but then got bored with the details of ships and navigation and such.

Turtle in Paradise: My favorite in this stack. Loved it. I can see why it won a Newbery Honor, and was one of this year's Maud Hart Lovelace award nominees.

Kids and I read these Valentines books in honor of the holiday coming up -- one of my favorites. We'd never read A Village Full of Valentines before, and it was pretty cute. I'm not sure how long it's been in our collection, but I'm glad we got to it. The Valentine Holiday Grab Bag book has inspired Skye to want to try making fortune cookies to give her class on Friday. We'll see how that works out!

No comments: