Monday, February 24, 2014

Books Read, Week of 2/17/14

Hooray! Finished reading #4 in the Warriors Cats series aloud to the kids! I noticed that it takes us a full month to get through one of these books together, so that means we'll be ready to read something new by May... but they are both loving them, so I will enjoy the (long!) process of doing this first set of books with them.

Felix brought Dewey: There's a Cat in the Library! home from school last week, and was very excited to read it to me after reading it on his own. He usually isn't very interested in sharing his school library books; they are generally picture books, and I think he just reads them on his own once and then is done with them. My theory is that this one included one of his current loves (cats!) and one of Mom's loves (libraries!), and so he wanted to enjoy it with me.

No comments: