Sunday, November 30, 2008

Coming Soon: Book Stacks!

I couple of years ago, I came upon an article describing the wonderful idea of book stacks. (I wish I remembered when I originally found the link.) The general idea is that books are such wonderful, important, essential things to have in a home, it only makes sense to have a stack of them under the tree for each of your children on Christmas Day. Of course, this was a bandwagon made for me, and I jumped on. I told a couple of book-loving friends about it, too, and both of them immediately ran off to join the book stacking circus.

My friend Michelle has just started a book blog, Fond of Books, and her first entry is about the books stacks she made for her kids this year. As she notes, it's nice to learn of these ideas early enough to have time to do them. I will post our 2008 book stacks as soon as they are complete.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what goodies yo have in your stacks this year, Caryl. You know it will just be trouble though, as I'll probably want several of them...

jennifer said...

Thanks for turning my attention to book stacks those years ago! Honestly, it's the only xmas presents I relish planning for all my boys. So far, I think Simon is ready for David Macauley's *The Way Things Work*.

Can't wait to see what you're doing this year--let's swap lists soon!